Thursday, January 08, 2004

Stepping out of the comfort zone




Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell



We often hear people talk about their fear...fear of failure, rejection,heights and the lists go on and on. It is not an uncommon thing or word to each and everyone of us. The only difference is the degree of it and how it affect our lives. Personally I think, there is nothing wrong for being afraid, just not let it rules us or it make us become emotionally handicapped. Fear isn't always a negative thing, it can be good thing provided if we know just how to handle it.

People keep saying that the flowers in the highlands are more beautiful and yet we still prefer the ones in our garden. The reality is, we rather stay our own comfort zone, pretending everything is okay whilst the actual fact it doesn't. Why did we or why did i? Is it because we feel safe and secure? The answers lies within ourselves, one thing for sure, what out there is beyond our knowledge and we don't want to take any risk.

I used to have fear of others not being able to accept me as I am and I will try to do everything to pleased people around me for that. I blamed my past experience for the fear, not realizing that I am the one having inferiority complex. I am lucky someone in my life made me realised that, made me see things in a different angles. I moved away from the person I used to be to what i am now. I am not saying that i am totally a new person, just that i now seeing things positively. I feel good about myself now. i don't regret stepping out of the comfort zone. If people can't accept me for me for what i am, i don't lose anything. I might meet others who would. There is a blessing is disguise for everything that happened, might it good or bad.



Cheerio.

No comments: